First vice minister of Foreign Affairs for North Korea, Choe Son Hui, said on Thursday that until the U.S. stops its hostile policies, North Korea will not discuss denuclearization.
We have already declared our stand that no DPRK-U.S. contact and dialogue of any kind can be possible unless the U.S. rolls back its hostile policy towards the DPRK, Hui said in a statement published by state-run Korean Central News Agency, CNBC reported.
The Biden administration has attempted to contact the North Korean official, but she said the administrations messages have been ignored.
The statement from North Korea comes after Secretary of State Antony BlinkenAntony BlinkenThe Hill’s Morning Report – Presented by Facebook – Forget about comity in CongressOvernight Defense: Biden casts doubt on Afghanistan withdrawal by May | US-China tensions high ahead of first meeting of Biden administration | Minorities underrepresented in military academy nominationsUS-China tensions run high ahead of critical meetingMORE had a meeting with South Korean officials on Thursday. The meeting resulted in a joint statement from the country that said addressing North Koreas nuclear programs was a priority for the alliance.
Blinken also pressured China after the meeting to use its influence to push North Korea towards denuclearization.
We take this opportunity to warn the new U.S. administration trying hard to give off powder smell in our land,Kim Yo Jong, younger sister to Kim Jong UnKim Jong UnGeneral says North Korea could test new intercontinental missile ‘in the near future’Blinken warns of US pushback to any Chinese ‘coercion and aggression’The Hill’s Morning Report – Presented by Facebook – Split screen: Biden sells stimulus; GOP highlights borderMORE, said earlier this week. “If it wants to sleep in peace for [the] coming four years, it had better refrain from causing a stink at its first step.”
The U.S. is concerned that North Korea will begin testing new intercontinental missiles in the future.