Meghan Markle’s bullying allegations will be looked into by independent external investigators, according to a new report.
Per the Sunday Times, Buckingham Palace’s investigation will now be led by a third-party law firm rather than the initial in-house inquiry the palace first announced.
The palace previously said that it was launching an investigation after The Times London reported that a former aide had made a bullying allegation against the Duchess of Sussex during her time as a working royal at Kensington Palace.
MEGHAN MARKLE, PRINCE HARRY’S OPRAH INTERVIEW LED PRINCE WILLIAM TO APPROVE BULLYING INVESTIGATION: EXPERT
Meghan Markle was delighted by what she saw.
(Photo by Getty)
On March 2, the outlet alleged that the 39-year-old drove out two personal assistants and left staff feeling “humiliated.” Markles team strongly refuted the allegations.
MEGHAN MARKLE IS SADDENED BY ALLEGATION OF BULLYING PALACE STAFF: CLAIMS ARE AN ATTACK ON HER CHARACTER
Then on March 3, Buckingham Palace said it was “clearly very concerned” about the allegations, and that the palace human resources team “will look into the circumstances outlined in the article” and would seek to speak to current and former staff.
In a statement, the palace said: “The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace.”
The allegations came days before the Duke and Duchess of Sussexs televised interview with Oprah Winfrey aired on March 7. They were also made public less than two weeks after the palace announced that the couples split from official duties would be final.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Markle previously told Fox News she was “saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.”
“She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good,” the statement added.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
It’s been reported that Markle and Prince Harrywill not be participating in Buckingham Palaces probe.
Reps for Markle and Buckingham Palace did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.
Fox News’ Stephanie Nolasco contributed to this report